Some of the Weirdest Stories of Lottery Winners
The stories of lottery jackpot winners are sometimes hard to believe. Many people have won the lottery jackpots through the years and their stories are hard to believe. Today we are going to tell you about some of the weirdest stories of lottery winners from all over the world:
- This is one of the disheartening stories related to lottery wins. In the year 2004, a man called Carl Atwood from Indiana who had won $43750 in a lottery was hit by a truck and died at the hospital thereafter. He was going to a nearby store from where he had bought the lottery tickets. It was then that the truck suddenly hit him. It is believed that the truck driver did not observe him because of the dark-colored clothes that he was wearing.
- This incident dates back to the year 2007. Arnim Ramdass had disconnected the television lines and the phone lines which made his wife Dona Campbell become suspicious of him. She then Googled his name and found out that her husband was one of the winners of the $10.2 million lottery which he was hiding from her. A group of 17 airline mechanics had won the lottery and being one of them, he would receive $600,000 before the taxation.
- In the same year, Derek Ladner and his wife Dawn Ladner were the only people to have experienced double winning in the same lottery. These people were happy to win 479,142 pounds as a share of the 2395710 pounds of the jackpot under consideration. A few days later they recalled that he had also bought another ticket for the same lottery which meant that they would receive a greater amount as winning shares. Their winning amount was thus increased to 958,284 pounds.
- This is the story of Mary Wollens of Toronto who won the same lottery twice after seeing a prophetic dream. Mary had purchased a lottery ticket that came out to be the winning one. Following the prophetic dream, she purchased tickets of the same number for the second time and came to be the winner for the second time. So you can imagine how strongly she believed the dream such that she chose the numbers not once but twice. And she was lucky enough to win it in both the cases. The total prize money here was $24 million and there was another winner except Mary. So, Mary got to receive two-third of the money which amounted to $16 million.
- This is yet another tragic story in the history of world lottery. A man named Timothy O’Brien committed suicide since he found his half share of a five-week ticket to expire just one week before the draw in which those numbers came up to be the winning numbers. However, it was later discovered that only four of the numbers in his ticket matched with the winning ticket which means he would have received only 47 pounds and not the jackpot prize money of 3.2 million had his ticket not expired!