The Biggest PowerBall Lottery Jackpots of All Time
Powerball lottery, as we know, is one of the most popularly played lotteries of the world and is probably the giver of the largest jackpots. It created history in world lottery by giving a jackpot of $1,586,400,000. Here we will tell you about more such Powerball lottery jackpots that are considered to be the biggest ones of all time:
- In May 2013, the Powerball lottery offered a jackpot of $590 million. This was the highest annuitized jackpot for a single ticket.
- In August 2013, Powerball announced a jackpot of $448.4 million. Each of the three winners received prize money of $86.1 million.
- In February 2014, $425 million was received in the Powerball lottery by a man from northern California.
- One year later, in February 2015, three lucky winners shared the total prize money of $654 million.
- In January 2016, there were hopes of winning a mind-boggling jackpot of $900 million which drove people crazy to buy as many tickets as they could.
- The May 2016 NJ game of Powerball featured a jackpot worth $429.6 million.
- The recent July, 20 game had the jackpot accelerating to $360.9 million. In the next draw, it is expected to reach a value of $390 million.
- In the 13th July game, Tony Kerr, a man from Waterloo missed the jackpot, being one number away from the desired number. Four of the five numbers in his ticket matched with the winning numbers. As a result, the employee in the welding and fabrication shop in Waterloo, could only manage to win $50,000. The interesting thing here was that Tony Kerr did not have a clue about his winning till he went to a local gas station to get his ticket checked. When asked regarding what he intends to do with the prize money, Kerr said that he will pay his medical bills with a part of the money and plans to save the rest.
Thus, Powerball has given away the biggest lottery jackpots ever and Powerball tickets continue to be the most sought-after tickets.